Information for Booked Guests
IMPORTANT DATES, LOCATIONS, AND TIMES
DEPARTURE DATE: Saturday, February 3, 2018
DEPARTURE CITY: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
EMBARKATION/TERMINAL: Check the midport pier signs for Nieuw Amsterdam Terminal
SHIP: Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam
TERMINAL DOORS OPEN: 10:30 AM EST. Please do not arrive earlier. Due to the Nieuw Amsterdam’s prior voyage, the terminal will not be opened for The Country Music Cruise guests until 10:30 AM.
BOARDING COMMENCEMENT TIME: 11:30 AM EST
MANDATORY BOARDING TIME: No later than 2:30 PM EST
SHIP DEPARTURE TIME: 5:00 PM EST
RETURN DATE: Saturday, February 10, 2018
RETURN TIME: 7:00 AM EST
SAFE* deadline: November 30, 2017* Only applicable if you require special assistance and haven’t previously discussed your needs with a sales agent.
* Please click here for more information about SAFE
Holland America Line requires ALL guests PRESENT A VALID PASSPORT BOOK from their country of origin at embarkation. There are no substitutes for this requirement. A valid passport book is one that expires more than 6 months after the date the cruise disembarks. Since the date of disembarkation is February 10, 2018, all passports must be valid through August 10, 2018. Guests with non-U.S. passports are responsible for obtaining whatever visas they need to disembark at any and all of the ports of call.
ONLINE CHECK-IN AT HOLLAND AMERICA
We strongly recommend guests complete their check-in online in order to greatly speed up the boarding process in the terminal.
- Complete your online check-in now through the Holland America website. Enter your Holland America Line Booking Number for The Country Music Cruise - this number can be found on the confirmation letter you were emailed.
- Enter your Holland America Line Booking Number for The Country Music Cruise - this number can be found on the confirmation letter you were emailed. It is the 6 digit alpha-numeric character code.
- Follow the instructions (please have your passport handy to complete this process). It will take about 10-15 minutes to fully complete your online check-in.
- Please remember to print the luggage tags. Do NOT apply to your luggage before your flight in case they rip or tear off your luggage enroute.
- You may now can book spa appointments, indulgences, beverage packages, dinner reservations, and shore excursions.
- Deadline to check-in online is close of business January 30, 2018. If you miss the deadline, you may complete your check-in process in the Port Everglades terminal on February 3, 2018.
*Please note, you will have two numbers tied to your sailing - - a Reservation Number from StarVista LIVE (SVL) and a Booking Number from Holland America Line (HAL). You will use your SVL account to manage the aspects of this and future cruises including your guest information, payments, insurance and SVL add-ons. You will need your HAL Booking Number to check-in online in order to board the cruise ship and to make dinner reservations, purchase excursions, beverage packages, and spa appointments available from the ship.
Port Everglades offers on-site covered parking for $15 per day. Please follow the signs to the midport garage.
Handicap parking is complimentary only if there are ADA modifications done to the vehicle such as: hand controls, extended pedals, wheelchair ramp, etc. Also, 100% Disabled Veterans with ADA license placard will receive complimentary parking.
For more information go to http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/.
PREMIER CRUISE PARKING
Self uncovered parking with free shuttle to cruise ship terminal.
Call 800-435-3195 and use rate code CMC18 to get a special rate of $9.50 per day. This also includes a courtesy round-trip shuttle to the cruise terminal. Reservations must be made 14 days prior to departure date to get the special Country Music Cruise rate.
TRANSPORTATION FROM THE AIRPORT TO THE PIER
Suggested ground transportation options to get you to/from Port Everglades terminal:
- Holland America shuttle service. ($19/person from Fort Lauderdale and $24/person from Miami, each way). Please call Holland America at 866-929-2332 to make these reservations.
- Taxi from Fort Lauderdale airport (approximately $25).
- Taxi from Miami airport (approximately $75).
It is your responsibility to arrive at the ship in time for the departure and to secure your transportation at the end of your cruise.
TRANSPORTATION FROM RIVERSIDE HOTEL TO THE PIER
For just $14 per person, your luggage will be loaded at the hotel and delivered to the terminal. If interested in this service, you may purchase a transfer ticket on the morning of February 3, 2018 at the Riverside Hotel in Fort Lauderdale from the transportation company (Elect Travel).
This service is only offered from the Riverside Hotel in Fort Lauderdale.
Transfers are not included in the cost of the hotel and will be charged to your Holland America Line onboard account. For more information, call 844-266-7685.
To add Hotel Transfers to your existing reservation, simply log in to your StarVista LIVE account and add Hotel Transfers. Call our reservationists at 866-476-2879 to find out more information about our Hotel Transfers.
This service is only offered from the Riverside Hotel.
BOARDING THE SHIP
Boarding will commence at 11:30 a.m. Please carry all essential personal items (medications, passport, ID, change of clothes if desired, etc.) with you when you board. Once you complete the boarding process, you can proceed directly to the ship. Lunch will be served in the Lido Market, Deck 9, starting around noon and you are free to tour the ship until the cabins are ready. Please keep in mind that the luggage delivery operations will run into the evening hours.
THE COUNTRY MUSIC CRUISE PROGRAMMING
In addition to nightly performances from Country Music royalty, your vacation will be filled with non-stop entertainment and fun. Below are some of our highlighted events:
- T-shirt Party. Join us Monday afternoon at the Lido Pool for the annual t-shirt party with Chuck Mead and His Grassy Knoll Boys. Wear your official 2018 Country Music Cruise T-Shirt to enjoy complimentary soda, punch, beer and wine during the show.
- Cornhole Tournament. Boards and bags will be available in the aft pool area all week for all to enjoy and practice if you choose to join in the friendly competition.
- Dance Classes. Don’t forget to pack your dancing boots! We will be offering more classes this year. Check out the daily program onboard for the scheduled times.
- Country Superstar Contest. This is your chance to rise above and shine as a true Country Music Superstar…if you can sing and/or play an instrument, sign up onboard for your chance to prove it to your fellow guests. The winner will open for The Opry at Sea on the Showroom at Sea stage Friday night!
- Lunch with Dailey and Vincent: $40 per-person
Enjoy a private lunch with your favorite Rockstars of Bluegrass, Jamie Dailey and Darrin Vincent. To sign up simply log-in to your StarVista LIVE account and add this event to your existing reservation or call 866-476-2879 to speak with a reservationist. Availability is limited.
Sunday, February 4 at 12:00pm in the Tamarind Restaurant
- Bourbon Tasting with Coach Barry Switzer: $12.50 per-person
Carefully taste the nuance of flavors at our very own Bourbon Tasting with Coach Barry Switzer in the Gallery Bar. To sign up simply log-in to your StarVista LIVE account and add this event to your existing reservation or call 866-476-2879 to speak with a reservationist. Availability is limited.
Monday, February 5 at 4:30pm in the Gallery Bar
- Wine Tasting with Lorianne Crook and Jeannie Seely: $39.99 per-person
Lorianne Crook and Jeannie Seely will join the Holland America Sommelier in the Dining Room, Deck 2 for a wine tasting and food pairing. Enjoy this knowledgeable and fun hour learning about wine and what food pairs well. To sign up simply log-in to your StarVista LIVE account and add this to your existing reservation or call 866-476-2879 to speak with a reservationist. Availability is limited. Thursday, February 8 at 1:45pm in the Dining Room
- Renewal of Vows: $48.50 per-couple
Country music is all about celebrations and family bonds. That is why we offer a special renewal of vows. So take your honey under your wing and join T. Graham Brown, our Celebrity Host, for a special reception that includes a photo, cake and a champagne toast! To sign up simply log-in to your StarVista LIVE account and add this event to your existing reservation or call 866-476-2879 to speak with a reservationist. Availability is limited.
Thursday, February 8 at 5:15pm in Lincoln Center
Check our onboard schedule of shows and events for updates as we fine-tune our time at sea.
THE COUNTRY MUSIC CRUISE ATTIRE
The overall dress theme for the cruise is “smart casual.”
Daytime attire is not subject to limitations, so guests may dress in appropriate and tasteful clothing of their choosing. Coverups and footwear are required in all venues and dining areas.
Evening attire is subject to the dress code for that particular evening. For six of the seven nights the evening dress code is “smart casual,” which means no shorts, tank tops or T-shirts in the main dining rooms or premium restaurants. Jeans are acceptable attire for the “smart casual” evenings. Our formal night is Gala Night on Wednesday. Our late night themes offer you a chance to dress up in theme-appropriate clothing (e.g. red, white & blue, boots & buckles, sports jerseys) most nights.
PARTIES AND LATE-NIGHT THEMES
The Country Music Cruise will host a wide variety of gatherings and festive events. While it is not mandatory to dress in keeping with the themes, we do encourage you to have some fun and plan some outfits.
Saturday, February 3, Fort Lauderdale, Florida:
- Sail-away Party – Join T. Graham Brown at the Lido Pool on Deck 9 for fun and dancing as we get the cruise started when we depart from Fort Lauderdale.
- Nightly Theme: Welcome to The Country Music Cruise—No special outfits required. Get unpacked and settled in for the week ahead!
Sunday, February 4, At Sea:
- Nightly Theme: Sports Jersey Night – The biggest night in Football has arrived - Superbowl Sunday! Throw on your favorite Sports Jersey and support your team on the big screen in the Showroom at Sea!
Monday, February 5, At Sea:
- T-Shirt Party! – Time to party day and night! An afternoon of great live music with FREE drinks at the Lido Pool when you come dressed in your 2018 Country Music Cruise T-shirt.
- Nightly Theme: Red, White & Blue – Be proud and show your heritage by dressing in your country’s colors or authentic wear – a night to be patriotic!
Tuesday, February 6, Antigua:
- No Theme: Enjoy a night off and dress to reflect your feelings about the music of this cruise tonight.
Wednesday, February 7, Saint Kitts:
- Nightly Theme: Gala Night - Ball gowns and boots, couture and cowboy hats - no one does formal wear like a great country crowd and this is your night to shine.
Thursday, February 8, At Sea:
- No Theme: Enjoy a night off and dress to reflect your feelings about the music of this cruise tonight.
Friday, February 9, At Sea:
- Theme: Farewell Night - A celebration of the bittersweet feelings for the last night of a wonderful cruise. Wear whatever is still clean.
HOSPITALITY AND SALES AREAS
Our hospitality desk is located on Deck 1 Midship across from the Front Office. Our sales office is located on Deck 3 Forward in the Hudson Room. Hours will be listed in the daily programs delivered to your stateroom. Please stop by to say hello! It’s always great to put a face with a voice.
The official 2018 Country Music Cruise T-Shirt will be your first night turndown gift on Saturday night. T-Shirts delivered were based on the size you requested at the time of booking.
If the T-Shirt you received is the wrong size, please bring it to the Hospitality Desk and we will happily exchange it, pending availability. Our Hospitality Desk on Deck 1, midship will be open for exchanges on Sunday and Monday before the start of the T-shirt Party only. Hours of operation will be posted onboard.
Other than drink service charges, all tips for servers, cabin stewards, etc., have been pre-paid. However, please feel free to reward exemplary service with the internationally recognized sign of gratitude: “tipping.”
HOLLAND AMERICA LINE SMOKING POLICY
The smoking policy designates all interior space, including staterooms and casino, as non-smoking areas. This includes cigarettes, cigars and pipes. Electronic cigarettes are allowed in staterooms (because they do not leave any residual odor) but cannot be used in public areas. Anyone who violates the ban on smoking in the staterooms will be charged a $250 cleaning fee. No smoking of any kind will be permitted on stateroom balconies.
For guests who wish to smoke, there will be a designated area available for smoking outside on Deck 9, Sea View Bar and Pool. Clearly marked “Designated Smoking Area,” the area includes a sufficient number of ashtrays that are emptied regularly. Cigar and pipe smoking is permitted in the Designated Smoking Area.
Holland America Line reserves the right to modify the smoking policy onboard or alter the locations where smoking is permissible at any time. Please refer to the Holland America Line website for any other information.
PREMIUM DINING OPTIONS
Nieuw Amsterdam offers a variety of options for dining. Reservations are recommended for premium restaurants and can easily be made through the Holland America Line website once you check in online or from your stateroom once on board.
- PINNACLE GRILL This intimate, reservations-only, specialty venue offers an elegant, sophisticated dining experience for lunch on sea days and dinner nightly. Enjoy dishes inspired by America’s Pacific Northwest. Complement your meal with a selection of boutique wines from the Pacific Northwest and other celebrated vineyards around the world. $10 for lunch at sea; closed for lunch while in port. $39 for dinner. Deck 2
- TAMARIND RESTAURANT Menus created by Master Chef Rudi Sodamin feature dishes honoring the elements of water, wood, fire and earth. Praised by Condé Nast Traveler for cuisine “that rivals the top restaurants on land.” Complimentary lunch at sea; closed for lunch while in port. $25 for dinner. Deck 11
- CANALETTO RESTAURANT This authentic Italian restaurant offers a menu that celebrates spartire (Italian for “sharing”). Buon appetito! $15 for dinner. Deck 9
MAIN DINING ROOM INCLUDED IN CRUISE FARE
- Your Stateroom Key Card will either be orange (early dinner seating) or blue (late dinner seating).
- Early dining begins at 6:00 p.m. and late dining begins at 8:30 p.m.
- As both dinner seatings are completely full, we will be unable to accommodate any requests to switch your dining time.
- Guests who previously made table requests with our office will receive a letter in their staterooms on embarkation day with the assigned table number. These guests should enter the Upper Dining Room on Deck 3.
- All other seating will be open, meaning that once guests have their full party together, they should proceed to the Lower Dining Room on Deck 2 to be seated.
OTHER DINING OPTIONS INCLUDED IN CRUISE FARE
- Lido Market A modern marketplace with different themed stations, Lido Market provides a fresh approach to casual dining for breakfast, lunch or dinner and offers a curated selection of delicious options to grab on the go or to have quickly made to order. Deck 9
- Dive-In Dive into a grilled burger on brioche or a Nathan’s Famous gourmet hot dog. Or, enjoy a grilled chicken breast sandwich and vegetarian-friendly portobello mushroom stack. Deck 9
- New York Pizza Crisp Italian salads and personal pan pizzas made with a thin crust and sauce so savory it does New York– style pizza proud. Deck 9
- 24-Hour In-Room Dining Sleep in and have breakfast delivered. Order a salad, sandwich or entrée any time. Dive-In can be ordered in-room for a $4.95 fee. Pinnacle Grill can be ordered in room. Additional fees may apply dependent on selection ordered.
- Light Bites There’s always a “little something” being served on board. Tea is offered every afternoon when in port in the Ocean Bar, afternoon ice cream treats in the Lido Market, hors d’oeuvres stations near late-evening venues and snacks available late into the night.
If you are interested in purchasing a beverage package now, please contact Holland America Line at 800-541-1576.
- Pinnacle Bar A sophisticated aura lends itself beautifully to an evening spent enjoying innovative cocktails and lively conversation with your friends and fellow guests. Deck 2
- NEW! Music Walk Three new and exciting venues and bars: Lincoln Center Stage, just outside the Main Dining Room; Billboard Onboard, rocking the casino area; and the beautiful Gallery Bar with a menu created by a master mixologist join the already popular B.B. King’s Blues Club (formerly the Queen’s Lounge). Deck 2
- Tamarind Bar Exotic cocktails and saketinis are served in the Asian ambiance featuring wraparound ocean views. Deck 11
- Lido Bar Our Lido Bar will be hopping on this cruise. Located near the pool stage, this bar will be open all day and into the night as we have our nightly theme concerts by the Lido Pool. Deck 9
- Sea View Bar Located in the aft pool area, the Sea View Bar provides a quiet nook to recap all the fun of the cruise. Deck 9
SERVICES AND MORE
The Casino onboard Nieuw Amsterdam offers a variety of games for all levels. Enjoy complimentary lessons from dealers and tournaments for veteran players. Deck 2
- Table Games Play blackjack, roulette, craps (select ships), three card poker, let it ride (select ships), Texas hold ’em and more.
- Slots From penny to five-dollar machines and multi- denomination games, plus video poker, there’s a game for you.
- Tournaments Join in the fun of a slot or blackjack tournament for that extra chance to win big.
This spa-like Retreat offers guests the opportunity to relax and recharge without missing any of the pool events. Fourteen cabanas are beautifully furnished and stocked with amenities. Also includes a 20% discount on select spa services on port days. Contact Holland America at 1-800-541-1576 to reserve. Pricing is subject to change without notice. Deck 11
Capture your best moments with portrait and activity photo packages that will allow you to enjoy your cruise experience for years to come. Prices for packages vary and subject to change. Deck 3
THE GREENHOUSE SPA & SALON
The tranquil, Asian-inspired spa offers luxurious beauty salon and spa treatments, and features thermal pools, heated ceramic lounges and treatment rooms. Prices vary and subject to change. Deck 9
Examples include but not limited to:
- Ionithermie Slimming Treatment 50 minutes $159 | Course of 3 for $299
- Ionithermie Revitalizing Leg Therapy 45 minutes $79
- Lime & Ginger Body Massage 75 minutes $199 | 90 minutes $235
- Thai Herbal Poultice Massage 75 minutes $195
- Pro-Collagen Anti-Aging Facial 50 minutes $149
Take a class in the professionally staffed Fitness Center equipped with state-of-the-art cardio and weight machines, as well as classes in yoga, Pilates, indoor cycling and more. Fees vary. Deck 9
ONLINE BOOKING: SHORE EXCURSIONS
Once you have completed your online check-in, you can book excursions directly through Holland America Line. Choose your tour times, book tours and receive confirmation of your shore excursion reservations up until 5 days before sailing. Make your payment online and receive approximate tour departure times. Reservations made online receive priority handling and are processed prior to requests made on board. We recommend booking as early as possible because many of the popular excursions sell out quickly.
We have highlighted a few that you might enjoy.
St. Johns, Antigua and Barbuda
- Best of Antigua - $79.95 Per Person
- Immerse yourself in the magnificent colonial history of Antigua. Due to its strategic location and natural harbors, Antigua was the ideal setting for the British Fleet in the Caribbean during most of the 17th and 18th centuries. This historical and scenic island tour provides you with the opportunity to check out the intriguing colonial architecture, stunning views and vibrant Caribbean-style elegance of the island. Your journey of discovery begins as you travel aboard an air-conditioned motor coach and pass the remnants of old sugar mills set in the green rolling hills. Your first stop will be at the Dows Hill multimedia center for a sound and light show in air-conditioned comfort. Your second photo stop will be at the Block House, an ancient fort standing 400 feet above sea level, watching over the mighty Atlantic Ocean. Moving on to the Shirley Heights Lookout, you'll experience the most breathtaking view on the island overlooking English Harbour and Nelson's Dockyard. On a clear day, you can see the volcanic island of Montserrat. Your final stop and the highlight of your day will be Nelson's Dockyard. Made famous by Lord Horatio Nelson, this fantastic shipyard is the only remaining Georgian naval base still in operation. Now restored as a colonial village, it is a treasure trove for the discoverer in you. A short walking tour of the area is included along with refreshments at an 18th-century inn.
- Beach Escape - $39.95 Per Person
- Enjoy a mile of soft, white sand bordered by coconut palms, sea grape trees, and inviting aquamarine water of the secluded Dickenson Bay Beach. Board an air-conditioned, pre-paid taxi for a 10-minute drive to Dickenson Bay. Upon arrival, you’ll be greeted with a Caribbean cocktail and provided a brief tour of the beach facilities. Relax in your lounge chair on a specially designated area of the beach. Enjoy approximately 31⁄2 hours of downtime as you soak up the sun, take a stroll along the beach, refresh yourself with a swim in the Caribbean Sea, or treat yourself to a snack or lunch in the restaurant (at your own expense) overlooking the ocean. Dickenson Bay features changing facilities, restrooms, freshwater showers, a beach bar and restaurant.
- Sail & Snorkel - $54.95 Per Person
- Do absolutely nothing in fabulous surroundings. Weather and sea conditions permitting, a sailing catamaran will transport you along Antigua’s stunning coastline to a suitable site for snorkeling, before continuing to another beach for swimming. Swimming in these waters is ideal, and the crew will assist those who wish to snorkel. It’s a great trip to be lazy, discover the sea life, top up your tan and enjoy the fresh air and wonderful scenery this island has to offer. Unlimited beverages including rum punch, fruit punch and soft drinks will be available after the snorkeling activity.
Basseterre, Saint Kitts
- St Kitts Scenic Railway -$109.95 Per Person
- Travel 10 minutes to the train station and board the St Kitts Railway for a memorable journey around this beautiful island. The track runs along the northeastern coastline, where fields of sugarcane stretch from the shoreline up to the mountains. All guests have a seat on both levels of the railcar for the best viewing opportunities. Roll across tall steel bridges and wind through small villages and farms to see much of the island from the comfort of a double-deck railcar. Enjoy the upper level's spacious open- air observation deck with panoramic views. Ride in air-conditioned comfort in the lower level as you gaze through the expansive, vaulted windows. Feel the island ambience with comfortable rattan furniture, specialty drinks (included) and a local cookie, as well as island music and a colorful narrative history of the Caribbean. Your experience is complemented by a scenic drive aboard a sightseeing bus along the southwest coast (not accessible by train). Take photos as you drive past Brimstone Hill Fortress -- the Gibraltar of the West Indies. See the tombstone in Middle Island where Thomas Jefferson's great-grandfather is buried, and where egrets nest in the trees. Don't miss the views of the neighboring island of Nevis -- birthplace of American statesman Alexander Hamilton, first Secretary of the US Treasury. Travel approximately 40 minutes through the island's small villages back to the ship
- Brimstone Fortress UNESCO World Heritage Site & Romney Gardens - $79.95 Per Person
- On this memorable island tour, drive through Basseterre. This historic capital city is the quintessential, original Caribbean town. You're headed to the 300-year-old Brimstone Fortress, perched 780 feet above sea level. This magnificent structure is the second largest of its kind in the entire Western Hemisphere and is also one of the best preserved. The 'Gibraltar of the West Indies' is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and more battles were fought here than at any other single site in British and French naval history. The first cannons were mounted on Brimstone Hill in 1690 as the English and French fought for control of the island. The next 200 years saw the intermittent construction of an amazing work of architectural and engineering genius. Take in spectacular panoramic views over the Kittitian coastline, countryside and five neighboring islands. No visit to St Kitts is complete without a visit to Romney Gardens -- a photographer's dream and a 12-acre garden setting that is quite simply stunning. Within the gardens, the Caribelle Batik Studios produce the fabric and apparel for which Caribelle Batik has become widely acclaimed. Before returning to the ship you'll drive past some of Basseterre's traditional French and Victorian architecture, as well as old churches, West Indian cottages and a former slave market.
- Beach Express - $39.95 Per Person
- Travel through Basseterre to the resort area of Frigate Bay. This is where the land narrows, making it possible to view the cresting foams of the Atlantic coast and the tranquil waters of the Caribbean Sea, separated only by part of the Royal St Kitts Golf course. A drive up Timothy Hill brings you to the entrance to the Southeast Peninsula. Enjoy six miles of striking beauty -- rolling hills, with each gentle turn providing a different spectacular view, the sea on either side and the land interrupted by dazzling salt ponds. At a local beach, take in the beautiful vistas of Nevis. A warm, smiling Caribbean welcome awaits you. There is lively music, watersports, open areas, a restaurant, and gift shop to explore. Spend time walking on the beach, swimming or sunbathing. A beach chair and refreshing drink are provided at the beachfront restaurant.