Dining & Features
As the second Signature Class ship, Nieuw Amsterdam further defines and expands the Holland America Line premium brand. With concepts such as the innovative pan-Asian Tamarind restaurant and Bar surrounded by panoramic views overlooking the ocean expanse and the Lido pool. Other additions are an elegant luxury jewelry boutique, new atrium bar area, enhanced and reconfigured The Showroom at Sea and Music Walk - three new and exciting venues and bars. Music walk includes: Lincoln Center Stage, just outside the Main Dining Room; Billboard Onboard, rocking the casino area; the beautiful Gallery Bar with a menu created by a master mixologist; and the already popular B.B. King’s Blues Club.
- Pinnacle Grill: This specialty, intimate reservations-only venue offers an elegant, sophisticated dining experience. Featuring premium Double R Ranch Beef, inspired seafood dishes and many select wines rated "Excellent" by Wine Spectator - as well as distinctive Bvlgari® china, Riedel® stemware and Frette® linens
- Tamarind Restaurant & Bar: Pan-Asian specialty restaurant and lounge with panoramic views of the ocean and Lido Pool area. Reservations recommended.
- Canaletto Restaurant: Named for a famous 18th-century Venetian artist, Canaletto is your premium destination onboard for an intimate Italian dinner. The evening begins with the chef’s selection of antipasti with a taste of the delicious fare and personal, polished service to follow.
- Lido Restaurant: Offers a relaxed ambiance for all three meals and features a variety of fresh, cooked-to-order specialties.
- Slice: An upscale pizzeria poolside, serving gourmet pizza by the slice.
- Manhattan Dining Room: Nieuw Amsterdam’s main restaurant, the two-level Manhattan Dining Room, offers a culinary experience worthy of its namesake. Guests are met by gracious hosts and tended to throughout the meal by attentive staff. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner for guests looking for a more formal dining venue, menus offer a variety of options, including Greenhouse Spa selections.
- Cabanas: Private cabanas are available to reserve for the week. Available on upper deck only during The Country Music Cruise, they are tastefully decorated, filled with amenities and provide an exquisite poolside retreat.
- Merabella Luxury Boutique: Find one-of-a-kind treasures at Merabella, a luxury jewelry boutique featuring high-end watches and pieces from noted designers. Enjoy a wide variety of duty-free shopping in the Signature Shops.
- Greenhouse Spa & Salon: Features heavenly beauty and wellness rituals. Enjoy a facial, hot stone massage, steam in a thermal suite and have your hair and nails done for a special evening.
- Fitness Center: Includes space for aerobics and exercise classes as well as for exercise machines.
An important collection of antique and contemporary art celebrating the historic connections between New York and Amsterdam through the centuries can be found onboard the Nieuw Amsterdam. You'll find a magnificent mural called "Nieuw Amsterdam" by Harald Vlugt showing the historical ties between Nieuw Amsterdam and New York. There are major works by Andy Warhol, Richard Estes and Roy Lichstenstein as well as iconic photographs of the famous from Elvis to Paul Newman by paparazzo Ron Galella. Elsewhere there are examples of contemporary Dutch art and two intricate, inlaid marble tables crafted by artisans in the town of Pietrasanta, Italy. The atrium centerpiece is "Skyline Reflections", a massive abstract sculpture New York's iconic profile.